This project addresses roadway, drainage, and safety deficiencies by repaving, replacing aging hydraulic infrastructure, and adding more lighting.
Check out the Draft Design Study Report here:
The Downtown Trail Connection Project will identify and study alternatives for connecting the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail to the Ship Creek Trail in downtown Anchorage.
· Arctic Boulevard Bike Lanes
· DeArmoun Road Bike Lanes
· Elmore Road Bike Lanes & Shoulder Signing
· Hillside Drive Shoulder Signing
· Old Seward Highway Bike Lanes & Shoulder Signing
· Turnagain Parkway Shared Road
· Wisconsin Street Bike Lanes
· Patterson Street Sidewalk
· Boniface Parkway Sidewalk
· C Street Bike Lanes
· Peterkin Avenue Bike Boulevard
· Eagle River Road Bike Lanes
· Eagle River Loop Road Shoulder Signing
· Benson Boulevard Trail Rehabilitation
· Pine Street / McCarrey Street Bike Lanes – In Design (2020 Construction)
· Mountain View Drive Pathway – In Design (2020 Construction)
· Fish Creek Trail Rehabilitation – In Design (2018/2019 Construction)
Check out the Anchorage Metropolitan Area Transportation Solutions (AMATS) plan for more information on these projects.
The AMATS Non-Motorized Plan outlines potential connections for commuting and recreating on the multi-modal roads and trails of Anchorage to better connect the community.
More information on the Non-Motorized plan can be found here:
Vision Zero aims to have zero fatalities on roadways.
More information on Vision Zero in Anchorage can be found here in the 2016 report:
Copyright © 2017 Alaska Bike and Pedestrian Resources, CRW Engineering Group, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Anchorage: 3940 Arctic Boulevard, Suite 300, Anchorage, AK 99503 | 907-562-3252
Palmer: 808 S Bailey Street, Suite 104, Palmer, AK 99645 | 907-707-1352
Powered by GoDaddy